Indian Navy Sailors Recruitment 2018 – Sailors MR (Musician)
Indian Navy announces posts of Sailors for Matric Recruits (Musician) – 2/2018 Batch
Indian Navy Sailors Recruitment 2018 – Indian Navy (Nausena Bharti) has released a recruitment notification and invites online application from unmarried male candidates for enrollment as Sailors for Matric Recruits (Musician)– 2/2018 Batch
Eligible candidates can apply online from 14th May to 27th May 2018. Other details, like educational qualification, age limit, fee, selection process, and how to apply are given below.
- Application Form Start Date: 14th May 2018
- Application Form Last Date: 27th May 2018
- Preliminary Test: 09th to 13th July 2018
- Final Test: 20th to 24th August 2018
Name of Batch: Matric Recruits (Musician) – 2/2018 Batch
Name of the Posts: Sailor
Also See : Fresher Jobs
- Unmarried Male Indian citizens (A widower or a person who has divorced his wife shall not be treated as an unmarried male for the purpose of this regulation)
- Educational Qualifications: Candidates must have passed Matriculation Examination from the Board of School Education recognized by MHRD, Govt. of India.
- Age Limit: Candidates should have been born between 01st October 1993 to 30th September 2001 (Both dates inclusive)
- Musical Ability: Selection on Merit basis only. Should have proficiency in Aural Aptitude of music with accuracy in Tempo, Pitch and singing one complete song. Should also have actual practice skill on any instrument of Indian or Foreign origin with proficiency in tuning of instrument, matching unknown notes with instruments, prepared piece, sight reading of Indian classical/ Tabulature/Staff notation, performance of scale/Ragas/Taala and basic theory of Indian or International music.
- Type of Instrument on which Proficiency is Required: The candidates would be required to perform with expertise on one or more instruments such as Wind Instrument, Keyboard, Guitar, Table, Mridangam, Pakhwaj, Dholak or any other instrument of Indian or Foreign origin. Candidates performing on Indefinite Pitch Instrument such as Jazz Drums set, Brass Drum, Snare Drums, Side Drums, Cymbals, Non Chromatic instrument such as Bugle and monotone instruments used to produce drone such as Ektara will not be eligible for recruitment.
- Musical Experience Certificate: Candidates performing Hindustani or Carnatic Classical music on Wind instrument will required a musical experience certificate from musical institute or organization of repute. A certificate of minimum initial Grade from International boards such as Trinity College of Music, London or Royal School of Music, London will be mandatory for candidates performing western notation or western music on wind Instrument.
During the initial training periof, a stipend of Rs 14,500/- per month will be admissible. On successful completion of initial training, they will be placed in level 3 of the Defence Pay Matrix (Rs 21,700-Rs 69,100). In addition, they will be paid MSP @ Rs 5200/- per month plus DA (As Applicable).
- The selection process will be based on a their performance in Preliminary Screening Board and final Screening Board
- Preliminary Screening board will be conducted in two phase.
- In first phase verification of age, education qualification, music certificates and musical ability.
- The candidates who are suitable to undertake final test will be subjected to the second phase.
- In the second phase, Physical fitness test and initial recruitment medical examination will be conducted
Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk
- Medical Exam will be conducted by authorised Military Doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry
- Minimum height 157 cms Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum Chest expansion of 5 cms
- The candidate must be in good physical and medical health free from any disease/disability, likely to interfere with efficient performance of duties
- Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reversed side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of hand
- Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body is not acceptable and candidate will be barred from recruitment
- Without Glasses: Better Eye 6/6; Worse Eye 6/60; With Glasses: Better Eye 6/9; Worse Eye 6/24
- The applications are to be filled online on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. and all required document in original are to be scanned and uploaded
- Application received through speed post/ registered post or couriers will be rejected. Short-listing criteria will be based on percentage of marks scored in 10+2
- Call up letters cum admit card for eligible short listed candidates indicating date, time and place for Preliminary Screening tests, would be required to be downloaded from official website tentatively buy end of June 2018..
- All original certificates, mark sheets and NCC certificate (if held) are to be produced at the time of written exam; if the details provided in ‘online application’ are not matching with original documents, your candidature will be cancelled
- For this entry the candidates can apply online only, manually filled applications will be rejected. The procedure for the same is as follows:
- Candidates are to apply Online through website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in from 14th May 2018 to 27th May 2018
- Before filling online application, keep Matric Certificate and 10 mark sheets ready for reference
- Update your Aadhaar details if you wish to sue the simplified application process
- Register yourself on www.joinindiannavy.gov.in with your e-mail ID, if not registered already. The applicants must ensure that while filling their application form they are providing their valid and active e-mail IDs and mobile numbers ad they Navy may use electronic mode of Communication while contacting them at any stage.
- Log –in with register email ID and click on (Current Opportunities.”
- Click on “Apply” button
- Fill up the form completely; before clicking the ‘Submit’ button make sure all the details are correct
- The application may be uploaded from Common Service Centres 9CSC) across the country , against a fixed fees of Rs 60 +GST. This facility is entirely optional
- Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, Kochi and Vishakhapatnam.
For more details, please visit www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
Application Form Start Date: 14th May 2018
Application Form Last Date: 27th May 2018
Preliminary Test: 09th to 13th July 2018
Final Test: 20th to 24th August 2018