UPSC CDS Exam or Combined Defence Service Examination is an exam conducted, twice every year, by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). It is an exam to induct officers into the Indian Defence Forces i.e. the Army, Navy and the Airforce.
Application Procedure for UPSC CDS II 2014
- In order to apply for the examination the eligible candidates will have to do so online only. Visit www.upsconline.nic.in and click here to apply online.
- Only a single application needs to be submitted, however if due to any unavoidable situation, multiple applications are submitted be the candidate then he/she must ensure that application with the higher RID (Registration ID) is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc
- Keep in mind that in case of multiple applications, only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) will be entertained by the commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- All candidates whether already in Government service including candidates serving in the Armed Forces, Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organizations or in private employment should submit their applications online direct to the commission
- Persons already in Government service, whether in permanent or temporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises are, however, required to inform their Head of Office/Dept in writing that they have applied for the examination
- Candidates applying who are already serving in the Armed Forces are required to inform their Commanding Officer in writing that they have applied for the CDS examination.
- Such candidates will also be required to submit the NOC in this regard at the time of SSB interview.
- Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for/appearing at the examination, their applications will be liable to be rejected/candidatures will be liable to be cancelled.
- There is no need for submission of any documents or certificates, in support of their claims regarding age, educational qualifications, SC/ST/OBC and fee remission etc, during the submission of the application.
- Their admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the commission (written examination and interview test) will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions
- In case on verification at any time before or after the written examination or interview test, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the examination will be cancelled by the commission.
- Candidates are advised to keep ready the following documents in original along with their attested copies soon after the declaration of the result of the written part of the examination which is likely to be declared in the month of December 2014 for submission to the Army HQ/Naval HQ/Air HQ as the case may be; Matric/Higher Secondary school certificate or its equivalent showing date of birth; degree/provisional degree certificate/marks sheet showing clearly having passed degree examination and eligible for award of degree
- In the first instance all qualified candidates eligible for SSB interview will carry their original Matric/Higher Secondary School certificate as also their degree/provisional degree certificate/marks sheet with them while going to the services selection centres for SSB interview.
Candidates who have not yet qualified the final year degree examination must carry with them a certificate in original from the Principal of the College/Institution stating that the candidate has appeared/is appearing at the final year degree examination
UPSC CDS II 2014 Exam Updates
UPSC CDS 2014 (I) Combined Defence Services Examination 2014 Notice
FAQs on Combined Defence Services CDS Exam 2014
Eligibility for CDS Exam 2014 | UPSC CDS 2014 Eligibility Criteria
UPSC CDS 2014 Selection Procedure
CDS Exam Pattern 2014 | UPSC CDS Exam Paper Pattern 2014
UPSC CDS Exam Syllabus 2014 | Syllabus of CDS Entrance Exam 2014
CDS exam Solved Question Papers
Leave a Reply